Friday, August 1, 2008

So Long Manny

Just like a couple who has decided it simply isn't working anymore the Red Sox and The hall of fame left fielder have separated. Manny will now get to practice his Manny being Manny routine in LA. Good Luck. While I think most of us in Boston agree the trade had to be made, It is tough to see this relationship end. That being said the sox have a history of making the right decision when it comes to this level of player. We may all miss Pedro and Nomar, but no one can say they have been better players since leaving the sox.

I think the avg fan understands that a player, despite making millions of dollars could have problems with a team. However that same fan also thinks YOUR MAKING TWENTY MILLION DOLLARS. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, SHUT UP AND PLAY. Not to worry folks we to will get over this. I wonder if this weekend Manny is going to look at his uniform and think "Hey man I'm not on the Sox, what the .....".

We will continue to watch the Red Sox or as my wife calls them, "her boys". When you have players like big Papi, Mike Lowell, Dustin Pedroia, and the rest of this line up that alone is reason to watch. So if there are alot of you fans in a depression this morning, saddened by the loss of Manny, remember it could always be worse. Trust me I know, I'm a Bruins fan.

No comments: