Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Parent's View

I have not been as faithful to this blog as I thought I would be. I planned on writing several times a week and in the beginning I did so. Yet as time went on other things took priority.  I guess that is the way it should be. Perhaps if I had all the time I either needed or wanted to write it would mean that the priority's are messed up. So, maybe it is no problem at all, but rather a sign that things are as they should be. I at least hope so.

It is getting harder and harder to deny that I am getting older. My youngest just graduated from high school  and will be off attending college in the fall. She is prepared and I have no doubt she will do fine. Over the weekend there was a moment or two that all three of our children  were home. The graduate as well as her sister and brother who flew in from Richmond to surprise his sister  at her graduation. I remember when all three were much younger I would think how neat it will be to see them as young adults getting along, and enjoying each other's  company. Yet even  with all three older and doing well I can't help but think  how much I would enjoy seeing them as "kids" again.

I do enjoy watching and listening to them talk about their plans, their goals, and I cant help but take a certain pride in the people they have become. I wrote take pride, not take credit. I know I had a part, as did their mother, but I believe that in the end it really is up to them. They are the ones that make the decisions and if the decision is wrong, it is up to them to learn from whatever mistakes they may have made. They seem to have done that. I tell them, but I wonder if they really understand  how proud we are of all of them.  I certainly hope so. Now only if they would stop getting older....

No comments: